Thursday, February 23, 2012

8 Weeks (February16-22, 2012)


I got a call from my OB this week and was told that all my bloodwork looked great from my last appointment, except that my thyroid levels were slightly elevated. Apparently the normal range for pregnant women is smaller than for non-pregnant women and my levels are on the higher side of the range for pregnant women. I was told to not be concerned but I had to book an appointment with an endocrinologist so they can closely moniter it. The endocrinologist made me feel much better by telling me that this is nothing to be concerned about but they want to moniter it and make sure that my levels don't get any higher. I was given medication to take once a day and at my next appointment she is going to take a look at my bloodwork and make sure my levels look better. Very relieved!


Baby's Size: Raspberry
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  +1lb - I don't know if that is baby or if that is from eating really bad the second half of this week! (+3.5lbs in total so far)
Starting to Show? I think a little bit, it might still be bloat but the left side of my stomach feels hard
Clothes: Regular clothes fit fine, but I'm starting to get a bit self conscious about my fitted tops
Sleep: Sleeping great. I'm SO exhausted all the time and it's all I want to do! Definitely crashing pretty hard on the weekends with naps as well as going to bed ridiculously early
Movement? None, just the same crampy/pressure
Food Cravings: Nothing really in particular
Queasy/Sick? Very minor just not feeling well, a few minutes of dry heaving Monday morning
Miss Anything? Soda
Gender Prediction: I still think it's a girl
Mood: I just feel like I'm in a daze, so overly exhausted ALL the time. Definitely a bit moody at times (especially if you ask Evan!)
Best Moment of the Week: Hanging out with my friends Saturday night and Evan telling me that I have a slight baby bump on Tuesday morning (made me happy but we still have another month to go before we start telling people so I need to figure this out!)
Looking Forward To: Reaching the second trimester in one month, buying something baby-related (I've been browsing the Babies R Us website like it's my job!), and, of course, telling people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment