Friday, February 10, 2012

6 Weeks (February 2 - 8, 2012)

We had our very first doctor's appointment and Ultrasound on Tuesday!! It was so exciting so see the little jellybean and watch it's heart beat! I could have watched it all day! (By the way, the baby is the whiteish jellybean shaped thing inside the black circle at 6 weeks, 5 days!)



The nurse said everything looked great and there were no concerns. The heart rate was 143 which they said was perfect. The baby is measuring a week behind what we thought because apparently I ovulated late so we were only at 6 weeks and 5 days instead of 7 weeks and 5 days (so I just went back and altered the last 2 posts). Now we have to repeat week 7 which is frustrating, but at least everything looks good and healthy so I'll take it! The new due date is September 27, 2012.


Baby's Size: Sweet Pea
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +0.5lbs
Starting to Show? Not yet, just really bloated!
Clothes: Regular clothes fit fine (maybe a little tight after I eat a big meal) and It's probably me being self conscious but when I wear more fitted shirts I feel like my belly sticks out a bit (all bloat, definitely not baby yet)
Sleep: Sleeping great. I'm SO exhausted all the time and it's all I want to do! Definitely crashing pretty hard on the weekends with naps as well as going to bed ridiculously early
Movement? None, just feeling some crampy/pressure at a pretty constant rate which I've been told is my uterus expanding to make room for baby :)
Food Cravings: Nothing really in particular
Queasy/Sick? Only a tiny bit nauseas twice this week but nothing major. Also lots of gagging when I brush my teeth in the morning.
Miss Anything? Soda (also cheated and got Wendy's on my way home from my appointment Tuesday night ... to my defense the appointment was like 3 hours long and I was completely starving, cooking was not an option!)
Gender Prediction: Girl because the nurse called the baby "her" once during the ultrasound that I caught and when we got our New Parent Packet the nurse made it a point to mention that they "must be switching up the color for each appointment because the last folder was blue and now this one is pink" Weird that she would even mention anything because I wouldn't have thought twice about the color... is it a sign?? Ridiculous because you can't even tell the gender yet because it is too small but still, just a hunch.
Mood: Happy and Excited and Relieved that everything went well at our appointmet!
Best Moment of the Week: Seeing the little jellybean in the ultrasound and watching it's heart beat... amazing!! Also hearing that everything looked perfect!
Looking Forward To: The second appointment in March and being able to see the baby again! Telling people, this is one of the hardest secrets I've ever had to keep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment